We’ve been posting some really unhealthy but oh so delicious recipes recently, and we wanted to balance that out with some healthy options. Taquitos don’t sound like they would be very healthy, but they can be if you do them right. These would go great with our guacamole salad recipe, or even just on their own as an entree for dinner this week. Perfect for fall, you can add some hot salsa for a kick!
We came across this recipe and made it instantly. It tastes great and its super healthy!
Baked flautas stuffed with seasoned, shredded chicken, spinach, and cheese are crispy, but don’t have the greasiness of fried versions.
To shred poached chicken easily, put it into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium for 45 seconds. Store-bought rotisserie chicken can be substituted for the poached chicken to save time.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs (about 4)
- 16 ounces Beer (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 5 burrito-size Flour Tortillas (9 inches)
- 6 ounces Queso Quesadilla or other melting cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, or cooking spray
- Salsa, for serving
Click here for the instructions.