If you’re like us, and love having granola as your primary breakfast every morning then you’ll know how hard finding the perfect granola recipe can be. We hunted far and wide, and finally found a recipe that not only makes us think of summer all year round, but it has some our favorite fruits.
For those not a fan of breakfast, this sweet granola recipe will make you a believer! Alternatively you can eat this as a snack as well.
Sweet Granola Recipe
- 3 cups (275g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (75g) flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted (or your favorite vegetable oil)
- ⅔ cup (200g) honey
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (100g) dried mango, chopped
- ⅔ cup (100g) dried pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1½ cups (100g) banana chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread oats on the baking tray and roast for 10 minutes in the oven, stirring once.
- In a large bowl combine cashew nuts, flaked coconut and salt with the roasted oats.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, honey and sugar. Add to the oat-nut mixture and combine thoroughly with your hands until everything is coated.
- Spread on the baking tray and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and mix in the dried fruit. Let cool down and store in airtight containers.
Leave a Reply