Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I know that most of us are scrambling to figure out to what to make this year.While the staples stay the same with mostly the same basics, we like to experiment when it comes to dessert. Dessert, after all, is what most of us look forward to the most. That being said, we don’t like making the same dish over and over again. It takes away from the creativity of the holiday. So, if you’re like us, and want to find something interesting, and new but with the same ingredients, take a look at the ingredients that are in demand the rest of the year.
Most of us don’t really know how to host a thanksgiving dinner, but are eager to learn, and because of that eagerness, we attempted to make the awesome dessert below. You can’t get any easier than that!
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe.
- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.