Ice cream is one of those things that can solve any problem that you might be having. While most of us don’t go out looking to make ice cream cakes, or for easy ice cake recipes, we found one a fun one just the same. Not only does it take 5 mins to make, but it helps showcase your domestic skills without actually putting in a lot of work.
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.