We love cheesecake more than most people, but we understand it’s not something that can work for everyone’s diet- with it being all dairy, and not vegan-y. Luckily for you, we found a recipe for a raw vegan key lime cheesecake that everyone can enjoy. We know that most raw vegan cheesecake recipes aren’t that good, so we made sure to test out this one extensively.
You can thank us later.
Raw Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds or pecans
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup date paste (about 1/3 packed cup of whole pitted dates, pureed in the food processor)
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the key lime filling:
- 3 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup pure key lime juice
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- For the crust:
- Using a food processor, process the almonds/pecans and coconut to a coarse meal.
- Add the date paste, vanilla and salt and process until well combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For the filling:
- Using a food processor, blend the macadamia nuts, almond/coconut milk, key lime juice, agave nectar and vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into the springform pan with the crust.
- Gently tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the finished cheesecake in the freezer to set, about 2 hours, or until the middle of the cheesecake is firm to the touch.
- Decorate with chopped almonds and lime zest before serving.
Leave a Reply