Anyone who knows me knows my obsessions, um LOVE for cheesecake. Seriously, feel free to look at all of the cheesecake recipes that I’ve posted already. Being a very picker dessert eater, and not getting along with chocolate limits the list of things that I love. Cheesecake is one of them.
So imagine my surprise and delight when I came across this lovely recipe of Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies on Baking Bites. It the best of both worlds since my sister loves brownies, and I can talk her into making them at anytime.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Ingredients.
1/2 cup butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Batter should be red. If a brighter red is desired, add an additional 1/2 tsp food coloring. Add flour and salt into the bowl and stir until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Prepare cheesecake mixture. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving, either at room temperature or chilled.
- Brownies can be refrigerated, covered, for several days.
Makes 16 large brownies or 24 smaller brownies
Jess @UsedYorkCity says
I love both cheesecake AND red velvet anything, these look amazing!
OOOoooh my goodness…these look SO amazing!! Would love some of them for breakfast 🙂
The Other Side of Gray